The pattern of your baby’s fingerprint is called a friction ridge and the shape is decided based on several things.....
• Your baby’s position in the womb
• The density of the amniotic fluid
• How active your baby is in your tummy
• Oxygen levels in the blood
• Your baby touching the walls of the sac
This is why identical twins will have different fingerprints as they will have a different experience inside the womb.
The odds of someone else having the same fingerprint is 1 in 64 billion but, seeing as the world’s population is only 7.7 billion, those are pretty good odds!